Keywords
Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Description
Microfilm Number
Series Number

Our Lady of Good Counsel Collection

MSA SC 2679
Dates1860-1981
MediumMicrofilm
RestrictionsRESTRICTED: Post 1940 baptisms are restricted. Written permission from the church required for access. See Registrar for further information
StorageMicrofilm only
Film Number(s)SCM 2685 - SCM 2688
Description
Our Lady of Good Counsel, Archdiocese of Baltimore, Roman Catholic, Baltimore City, East Fort Avenue: general register 1860-1928; baptisms 1860-1981; marriages 1866-1873,1886-1981; interments 1899-1962; deaths 1962-1981; confirmations 1906-1952, 1956-1981; first communions 1909-1981.
History
The forerunner of this Federal Hill area parish was a church situated on the corner of Cooksey Street and Fort Avenue known as St. Laurence, which served as a mission chapel of St. Brigid's Parish. The name of the parish was changed to Our Lady of Good Counsel between 1873 and 1889. In 1889 a new church was erected on the corner of Fort Avenue and Towson Street. The first settled clergyman in the parish was the Reverend John P. Hogan, pastor from 1861 to 1897.

Collection Inventory
Series 1: Electronic Images
Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website


[ Archives' Home Page ||  Maryland Manual Online ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]


Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   


© Copyright June 25, 2019 Maryland State Archives