Keywords
Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Description
Microfilm Number
Series Number

St. Mary's Star of the Sea Collection

MSA SC 2681
Dates1868-1981
MediumMicrofilm
RestrictionsRESTRICTED: Post 1940 baptisms are restricted. Written permission from the church required for access. See Registrar for further information
StorageMicrofilm only
Film Number(s)SCM 2704 - SCM 2712
Description
St. Mary's Star of the Sea, Archdiocese of Baltimore, Roman Catholic, Baltimore City, 1419 Riverside Avenue: baptisms 1868-1981; marriages 1867-1981; deaths 1922-1981; first communions 1874-1893.
History
This parish, established in 1868 under the aegis of Irish-born Father Peter McCoy, was located a few miles from Federal Hill on Locust Point. Catholics in this area had been formerly served by priests from St. Lawrence, now known as Our Lady of Good Counsel.

Collection Inventory
Series 1: Miscellaneous
Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This web site is presented for reference purposes under the doctrine of fair use. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: The site may contain material from other sources which may be under copyright. Rights assessment, and full originating source citation, is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website


[ Archives' Home Page ||  Maryland Manual Online ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]


Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   


© Copyright May 21, 2019 Maryland State Archives