Keywords
Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Description
Microfilm Number
Series Number

Saint Mary's Beacon Collection

MSA SC 2841
Dates1859-1959
MediumOriginal, microfilm
RestrictionsNo restrictions
Storage00/08/13/74 [MSA SC 26]
Film Number(s)SCM 1024 - SCM 1035, SCM 2230 - SCM 2245, SCM 12801 - SCM 12803
Description
Newspaper, Saint Mary's Beacon
History
(Leonardtown, St. Mary's County: [s. n.])

The Saint Mary's Beacon began publication September 5, 1867 [v. 4, no. 46] and ceased June 10, 1983 [v. 150, no. 8]. It published 20 issues yearly, January 14-June 10, 1983; weekly, 1867-December 30, 1982. It was also published as the St. Mary's Beacon. It was published at Lexington Park [January 4, 1978]-1983. The newspaper continues the St. Mary's Gazette (Leonardtown: 1863) and was continued by the Beacon (Lexington Park: 1983).

Archives' collections include issue for October 2, 1936 [MSA SC 26].

For indexes, see: St. Mary's County Memorial Library, Index of the St. Mary's County Beacon 1852-1885 4 vols. (Lexington Park: St. Mary's County Memorial Library, 1993-1994).

This title is available on microfilm from University Microfilm, Inc.


Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website


[ Archives' Home Page ||  All About Maryland ||  Maryland Manual On-Line ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]


Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   


© Copyright November 19, 2017 Maryland State Archives