Keywords
Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Description
Microfilm Number
Series Number

Baltimore Gazette Collection

MSA SC 2897
Dates1865-1875
MediumOriginal, microfilm
RestrictionsRESTRICTED: Do not circulate originals without the permission of the Registrar or the Director of the Maryland Newspaper Project
StorageContact the Department of Special Collections for location.
Film Number(s)SCM 2172 - SCM 2196, SCM 5284 - SCM 5285
Description
Newspaper, Baltimore Gazette
History
(Baltimore: Welsh, Baker & Co.)

The Baltimore Gazette began publication September 18, 1865 [v. 6, no. 905] and ceased December 31, 1875 [v. 36, no. 157]. It was published daily, except Sunday. A triweekly edition was also published (title unknown). It was also published as the Baltimore Daily Gazette. Other editions include the Baltimore Weekly Gazette (Baltimore: 1868). The newspaper continues the Baltimore Daily Gazette (Baltimore: 1862) and was continued by the Gazette (Baltimore: 1876).

Archives' collection includes issue for September 23, 1870.

This project was sponsored by the Maryland State Archives and the Maryland Historical Society with funds provided by the Board of Public Works, State of Maryland and the National Endowment for the Humanities, grant #RC 25304-77-21.

This title is available on microfilm from the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service.


Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website


[ Archives' Home Page ||  All About Maryland ||  Maryland Manual On-Line ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]


Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   


© Copyright July 17, 2018 Maryland State Archives