Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Microfilm Number
Series Number

Port Tobacco Times, and Charles County Advertiser Collection

MSA SC 3464
MediumOriginal, photostat, microfilm, on line images
RestrictionsRESTRICTED: Do not circulate originals without the permission of the Registrar or the Director of the Maryland Newspaper Project
StorageContact the Department of Special Collections for location.
Film Number(s)SCM 6817 - SCM 6834
Newspaper, Port Tobacco Times, and Charles County Advertiser
(Port Tobacco, Charles County: E. Wells, Jr. & G. W. Hodges)

The Port Tobacco Times, and Charles County Advertiser began in 1845[?] and ceased January 14, 1898 [v. 54, no. 33]. It was published weekly. Title history based on June 26, 1845 [v. 2, no. 8]. It was also published as the Port Tobacco Times. The newspaper continues the Port Tobacco Times (Port Tobacco: 1844) and merged with the Crescent (La Plata: 1893) to form the Times Crescent (La Plata: 1898).

Archives' collection includes photostat of issue for March 4, 1847 (MSA SC 489).

For abstracts, see: Roberta J. Wearmouth, Abstracts from the Port Tobacco Times and Charles County Advertiser vols. 1-6, 1844-1898.

This project was made possible through funds provided by the Maryland State Archives and the United States Newspaper Program of the Library of Congress and the Office of Preservation, National Endowment for the Humanities.

Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.

Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website

[ Archives' Home Page ||  Maryland Manual On-Line ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   

© Copyright December 12, 2018 Maryland State Archives