Keywords
Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Description
Microfilm Number
Series Number

Baltimore Clipper Collection

MSA SC 3895
Dates1847-1865
MediumOriginal, microfilm, electronic
RestrictionsRESTRICTED: Do not circulate originals without the permission of the Registrar or the Director of the Maryland Newspaper Project.
StorageContact the Department of Special Collections for location.
Film Number(s)SCM 8521 - SCM 8523
Description
Newspaper, Baltimore Clipper
History
(Baltimore: Bull & Tuttle)

The Baltimore Clipper began publication January 1, 1847 [v. 16, no. 1] and ceased September 30, 1865 [v. 51, no. 78]. It was published daily. It was also published as the Daily Clipper. Other editions include the Weekly Clipper (Baltimore: weekly), the Baltimore Weekly Clipper (Baltimore: 1847), Bull & Tuttle's New Monthly Baltimore Clipper and General Advertiser (Baltimore: 1843), and the Monthly Clipper (Baltimore: 1847). The newspaper continues the American Republican and Baltimore Daily Clipper (Baltimore: 1844) and was continued by the Baltimore Daily Commerical (Baltimore: 1865).

Archives' collections include issue for February 26, 1856 [v. 34, no. 49] (MSA SC 3895); February 27, 1856 [v. 34, no. 50] (MSA SC 3895); November 2, 1857 [v. 27, no. 107] (MSA SC 934); and May 3, 1863 [v. 46, no. 108] (MSA SC 3895).


Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website


[ Archives' Home Page ||  All About Maryland ||  Maryland Manual On-Line ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]


Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   


© Copyright July 16, 2018 Maryland State Archives