Keywords
Collection #
Collection Name Collection #
Author Date
Description
Microfilm Number
Series Number

St. Mary's Beacon Collection

MSA SC 4360
Dates1852-1863
MediumMicrofilm
RestrictionsNo restrictions
StorageMicrofilm only
Film Number(s)SCM 1022 - SCM 1023
Description
Newspaper, St. Mary's Beacon
History
(Leonard Town, St. Mary's County: George S. King)

The St. Mary's Beacon began publication in 1845 and ceased April 23, 1863 [v. 19, no. 9]. It was published weekly. Title history based on July 3, 1845 [v. 1, no. 3]. It was also published as the Saint Mary's Beacon. Publication was suspended April 30-September 24, 1863. The newspaper continues the Leonard Town Herald (Leonardtown: 1839) and was continued by the St. Mary's Gazette (Leonardtown: 1863).

For indexes, see: St. Mary's County Memorial Library, Index of the St. Mary's Beacon 1852-1885 4 vols. (Lexington Park: St. Mary's County Memorial Library, 1993-1994).


Collection Inventory
Series 1: Miscellaneous
Microfilm Inventory
Microfilm Series

This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.


Tell Us What You Think About the Maryland State Archives Website


[ Archives' Home Page ||  All About Maryland ||  Maryland Manual On-Line ||  Reference & Research
Search the Archives ||  Education & Outreach ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]


Governor    General Assembly    Judiciary    Maryland.Gov   


© Copyright November 22, 2017 Maryland State Archives